____________ before we leave, the day after tomorrow, we should have a wonderful dinner party.
(A)Had they arrived
(B)Would they arrive
(C)Were they arriving
(D)Were they to arrive
The girl has made up her mind to go abroad with her boyfriend despite her parents' _________.
（A）agreement （B）allowing （C）letting （D）objection
Correct Answer: D
My parents are not interested in modern music.They are _______.
（A）before the date （B）behind the times （C）after the fashion （D）against the tides
Correct Answer: B
_______ your opinions are worth considering, the general manager finds it unwise to place too much importance on them.
（A）As （B）Because （C）Though （D）Since
Correct Answer: C
More College English Exam Questions
- 1Some lazy men would rather _______ than work.
- 2It was the training that he had as a young man（） made him such a good engineer.
- 3In case of emergency, please ___________ the orders of the ship staff.
- 4I can hardly believe my eyes.This ___________ man is actually a scientist who once won the Nobel Prize.
- 5 Since we can't hear you at the back of the hall, you'll have to __________ your voice.