It is pleasant to see vacationers enjoying my hometown so much, and yet there is a part of me that feels they arc invading it.
In the nineteenth century, a pen name often was used to disguise its gender.
（A）NO CHANGE （B） one’s （C） their （D） it’s
Correct Answer: B
How old am I? Many people might be surprised to learn that the American way of computing a person’s age differs from the traditional Korean way. In Korean tradition, a person is considered to be already one year after old at the time of his or her birth. As a child growing up in two countries, I found this contest(1) a bit confusing. ……
(A) no change (B) change (C) dispute (D) difference
Correct Answer: A
Despite this perception, the snake, with its34 ugly, slimy appearance, is one of the most unjustly maligned creatures on the planet.
(F) NO CHANGE(G) who's(H) sporting it's(J) with its'
Correct Answer: F
More ACT English Exam Questions
- 1Walking my dog, I find the beach is no longer deserted: dedicated sunbathers lie on towels or sit in chairs, read, slept, or talked.
- 2When storyteller Mary Carter Smith practices her art and everybody listens.
- 3Its removal, my father said, was like the erasure of a memory—the discarding of a traditional landmark.
- 4In 1753, at the age of twenty-two, Banneker constructed a clock out of hand-carved wooden parts, displayed his mechanical skills, and displaying his interest in learning.
- 5Though Hernandez died in 2000, her legacy: the Ballet Folklorico—lives on, as an outstanding dance company.